WIN A 2021 INTERNET GRANT - CLOSED
Brought to you by Conexon, Wave Rural Connect, and Arkansas Valley Electric.
We are living in a time unlike any other, one that has clearly demonstrated the demand for high-speed connectivity, especially in rural communities. We hope that using Internet service from Wave Rural Connect that your lives have been positively impacted with access to fiber to the home internet. That is why we are excited to announce a contest to win one year of FREE gigabit-speed internet!
Wave Rural Connect has been selected for the 2021 Conexon Internet Grant, a program to capture stories across Rural America and to hear how the availability of high-speed internet has changed lives and businesses. These stories will be judged to determine Wave Rural Connect and Arkansas Valley Electric Cooperative’s most compelling story, with the winner receiving free Gigabit Internet for a year.
The March 31, 2021 deadline has passed. However we would still love to hear your story!
How has high-speed internet changed your life?
Even though the contest is over you can still tell us your story !
For more information go to the Conexon Contest Page.
Participants are asked to write a short essay (on the form provided on the landing page) on how high-speed fiber internet has changed their lives in one of the following ways:
- Education: Tell us about how having high-speed has equipped my child(ren) for remote learning success or helped me personally to further my education.
- Career Success and Opportunities: Are you able to finally work from home? Have you started your own business? Tell us about the impact high-speed internet access has had on your personal and family life and your professional one with its flexibility, efficiency, convenience.
- Essay Length: 300 words
- Who’s eligible: Current subscribers Wave Rural Connect in 2020.
- Criteria: Essays will be judged on how well the participant articulates the impact access to high-speed internet has had on his/her education or professional life.
- Deadline: March 31, 2021, at 11:59 (EST)
Terms & Conditions
Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States.
Employees of Conexon, Arkansas Valley Electric, or Wave Rural Connect participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible.
Applicant must have received high-speed fiber internet service from its electric co-op during 2020.
Description of Prize
One recipient from each cooperative will receive one year of free gigabit-speed internet.
Recipient Selection and Announcements
Each recipient is selected after a team of Conexon-selected judges reviews all entries after the deadline of March 31, 2021. Applicants are judged on how well the entrant articulates how fiber internet has changed/his or her life from an education or professional perspective. The recipient will be announced in Summer 2021.