CABLE VS FIBER
Our competitors are providing Internet service over outdated copper wires or fiber that stops at the curb, Wave Rural Connect uses cutting-edge GPON technology that brings fiber optics INTO your home.
Coaxial Cable: The Old Way
Commonly used by cable operators, telephone companies, and Internet providers for data, video, and voice services.
- It has been around since the early 20th century
- Transmits data by small electrical current via a copper conductor cable
- Most services offer a maximum of 100mbps
- Susceptible to magnetic and electric interference
- High loss of signal on distances over 100 meters
- Can be easily tapped and hacked
Fiber Optic Line: The New Wave
Used by the highest-speed networks driving the next generation of data, video and voice solutions.
- Until recently fiber was in use only by large corporations and telecommunications networks
- Transmits data using light frequencies
- Offers speeds over 1 Gigabit (1,000 mbps)
- Not affected by magnetic or electrical equipment
- Extremely low signal loss over kilometers
- Light signals are extremely difficult to tap
Here is an infographic that summarizes the differences between coaxial and fiber-optics.